What you might not know about Garcinia Gambogia is that it has actually been around for hundreds of years, so if you’re thinking it’s just another fad - you’re wrong! For generations the rind of Garcinia Cambogia was used in Indian dishes for satiety. What does this mean today, you ask? Well, less cravings and feeling full for longer – so it really is a hugely beneficial ingredient for people trying to lose weight.
Garcinia is an exotic fruit grown in South East Asia. It looks a bit like a pumpkin and is about the size of an orange. The rind has traditionally been used in food to add flavour, stimulate digestion and make food more filling and satisfying.
The active ingredient in Garcinia is called Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) and is found in high concentrations in the fruit rind. HCA not only gives you more energy while curbing your appetite, it also helps to stop your body converting excess calories into body fat - and who doesn’t want that?
Historical information shows that HCA has been researched for at least 50 years and was considered the first natural weight-loss ingredient that worked without adversely affecting the central nervous system, causing side effects such as anxiety or the jitters.
Everything you need to know about Garcinia in a nutshell:
• It inhibits fat production. It stops your body converting excess calories into body fat (by inhibiting an enzyme in your liver)
• Reduces appetite and cravings
• Increases energy levels (by increasing glycogen levels)
• Helps to stimulate serotonin production (the happy hormone that makes you feel good and helps reduce carb cravings)
• Helps reduce unhealthy cholesterol and triglycerides levels
• It doesn’t over-stimulate the nervous system, unlike caffeine based products – which lead to fatigue and adrenal exhaustion
• Has no known major contra indications with medications or health conditions
• Has no rebound weight gain when you stop taking it
• Garcinia needs to contain 60% Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) at a dose of 1200mg daily to be effective
• It can be mixed with other ingredients to further enhance benefits (e.g. Green Tea or Svetol)
• Ideally it should be taken 30 minutes before food, 3 times a day for optimal results
• It’s not recommended for children, or pregnant or breastfeeding women
• It’s safe for extended use
If you’re trying to slim down then Garcinia Gambogia is an exciting ingredient worth trying. Not only is it safe, natural and effective, but it’s well researched too.
Good Health has Garcinia Gambodia which includes Green Tea that helps increase your basal metabolic rate in order to burn fat faster.
Garcinia Gambogia can also be used simultaneously with Svetol 2800 for even better weight-loss results